SC - Re: your mail

Leslie Watson Leslie.Wat at hwcn.org
Tue Jul 22 19:33:28 PDT 1997

On Monday, July 21, Adamantius mentions an interesting recipe:

This would probably be Taillevent's Aloyeaulx de veau, or veal larks.
They're thin slices of veal wrapped around a stuffing. The original
recipe calls for either bone marrow or suet. However, Taillevent
includes, elsewhere in the Viandier, a poultry stuffing made from
cheese, herbs, and hard-boiled egg yolks. I use that, with the addition
of some diced bone marrow when I can get it, and some bacon when I
can't, as my stuffing.

These get roasted on a spit, and glazed with egg batter and saffron.

Could you please post your redaction for this? I'm not quite up to doing
redactions yet, but this sounds wonderful. The poultry stuffing version
would be fine.

For my own knowledge and for my food-sources file, does anyone have any
suggestion on getting bone marrow? Or even suet?

Thanks.
   Stefan li Rous
   markh at risc.sps.mot.com