SC - Congratulations to Adamantius

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Tue Jul 29 20:03:21 PDT 1997

Elaina asks:

>jaelle?  are you thinking about coming out for KWAS?  katrine?
>anne-marie?  alys?

Oooh!  I saw my name!  When is the KWAS?  Where is it?  I might get
crazy enough to go, depending on how much time (and money) I have to
take from babysitting high schoolers.  BTW, I came across the original
files of the handouts from the first KWAS.  We/I gathered the handouts,
made copies, and mailed them to those who paid for them.

The recent Interkingdom Cooking/Brewing/Vinting Collegium was a quiet,
mediumly attended affair.  It perhaps should have been entitled the
Interkingdom Cancellation Collegium.  Some four or five instructors
cancelled, most within the last week before the Collegium.  There were
some neat classes.  Deb Hense from Calontir intrigued people with her
tasting of umpteen different kinds of shortbreads, showing how the
change of one ingredient affected the taste, texture, etc. of a
product.  Balthazar impressed people with his pinecone carved from a
radish.  It was so impressive (as were his other carvings) that one
class member stayed to carve and cut various things to make my salmon
come "alive" with cucumber scales, fins, eyes, etc.

If the Seattle people want to organize a Known World Cooking Symposium
I'd love to consider going.  For anyone else, an Interkingdom Collegium
takes little work to organize and can be done on a quiet, modest scale.
 All you need are people from two kingdoms, a space to teach, eat, and
possibly cook.  While our space lacked for much area to cook in, we did
have three tables of cookery books to peruse and lots of sharing.  I'd
be glad to chat with anyone who thinks of autocratting a small, cozy,
cookery event!

Alys Katharine