SC - A Real Siege Cook Challenge

Wed Jul 30 07:31:09 PDT 1997

  For camping, I would suggest making up the syrup ahead of time, and
  putting it in jars. On site, open cans of pears, and throw them into the
  warmed up syrup. Save the juice from the can. You can mix it with
  leftover syrp and make a very tasty treat for the cooks.

Not that this helps anyone camping, but for those intriqued by the recipe.

I learned (from the Microwave Gourmet, by Barbara Kafka) that you can
quickly poach fruits in the microwave: wrap each piece in plastic wrap, with
a splash of wine and some spices.  Cook for about 2 minutes or so...
slightly longer for multiple pieces of fruit.

I've enjoyed making such desserts for drop-in guests that surprise us for
dinner.  It's kind of fun to astonish people this way: disappear into the
kitchen, and 10 minutes later serve a hot dessert, with a sauce on the side.

This should be a painless and quick method of working out redactions for
wardons.

	Tibor