SC - canning

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Wed Jul 30 19:43:58 PDT 1997

Mon ami is somewhere between a custard and a desert cream.  You simmer
cream, grind up fresh curds (not aged in any way), add them in and
stir well until blended, add some butter and sugar, simmer very gently,
then take off the heat, add egg yolks to thicken, let it cool (or
chill it, or for that matter serve it warm, if you're in the mood),
and there you are.

It's touchier than it sounds, to get it properly smooth; darned near
impossible with homogenized milk.  But it's yummy.  If I unearth my
precise redaction, I'll mail you the amounts I used.

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry