SC - canning

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 30 23:12:18 PDT 1997

On Tuesday, July 29, Genevieve irrately said:

Well, I just thought you would like to know that Texas squirrels are
jalapeno connoisseurs.  I sprayed my medlar tree like you all suggested,
and the little buggers stripped the tree shortly thereafter.  I even made
sure to spray at least twice before the fruit was ripe.  I hope the
little ba***rds rears burn for weeks.

Drat! Drat! Drat! I was hoping to use that trick to keep the birds out
of my peaches. They have the irritating habit of taking a couple of pecks
out of a peach and then going on to the next. I'd let them have some if
they'd just finish pecking on the one they started on before going on to
the next. Hrrumph. Maybe the birds will like jalapenos less.

Are there any period recipe for squirrel? There are European squirrels,
right?

Stefan li Rous