SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #218

Anne-Marie Rousseau rousseau at scn.org
Wed Jul 30 23:27:17 PDT 1997

Uduido at aol.com wrote:

> <<  I suspect the foils of parsley make it clear that it was the
>  breed with leaves, and not the modern curly parsley.  But I doubt that makes
>  a difference.  >>
>
> Hate to tell you this, "esteemed One", but it makes a difference. Italian
> Parsly is mush tastier than Curly Parsley and is traditionally the herb of
> choice when recipes call for parsley as a flavoring agent. Sorry....:-)
>
> Lord Ras

I suspect this has to do with local availability. To some people parsley
is parsley. Personally  I question the use of curly parsley even as a
garnish, let alone as a flavoring. However this is pretty much a matter
of choice, and the bottom line depends on what is available where you
are.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com