SC - Re: Recipe Challenge

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Thu Jul 10 20:22:39 PDT 1997

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> This is also another example of a recipe that list ingredients and
> processes without  making it clear what processes apply to what
> ingredients. Mathematicians use parentheses. We have to guess, to some
> extent.

On a side note, as someone who has looked at both mathematics and cooking
in the middle ages, I would have to say that reading cooking is easier.
Most of the notation that mathematicians currently use is post-period.
IIRC parentheses are post 1600 in mathematics.

Kael

SCA-Cooks-Request with the message body of unsubscribe.