SC - Sausages (was: mustard history)

chuck_diters@mail.fws.gov chuck_diters at mail.fws.gov
Tue Jul 1 10:26:13 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - Butchering                          7/1/97

> There is really no need to look up the "evidence". We tend to >forget that
until the advent of electricity  in this century and
>>Actually, the question about butchering is quite apt--we know >>there were

Also, butchering is a fairly specialized skill.  It entails knowledge of
bodies and organs, tools and techniques.  While jane-average might be able to
pluck a chicken, and joe-average might figure out how to skin a squirrel, much
of it is alot more complicated than that. Considering that jane and
joe-average's knowledge of basic physiology was considerably less than the
modern average (ei.these are lungs, this a heart, this is how they work)... we
have probably at least seen a correctly rendered picture of guts and bones and
such...