SC - Roman cookbook

linneah@erols.com linneah at erols.com
Fri Jul 4 09:32:11 PDT 1997

<< This is an excellent piece of documentation to answer the question "Did
this
 people eat this food at this time?"   >>

I must agree withyou. This does pace the Romans at the feast table with
regards to these creatures. I for one can attest to the fact that haers were
not consumed by the Celts. As a person of Celtic ancestry (McCormick) ,
mygrandparents and my parents after them always warned us not to eat hares.
One of my most vivid memories of childhood is my grandfather disgustingly
getting up from the table and dumping his soup in the slop bucket. When asked
why he did that, he responded, "Because I found a hare in my soup!"

Lord Ras