SC - ccMail SMTPLINK Undeliverable Message

ccMail SMTPLINK SMTP-CCMAIL_ADMINISTRATOR at hud.gov
Mon Jul 7 11:59:51 PDT 1997

At 11:53 AM -0400 7/7/97, Babygoil at aol.com wrote:
>Hey all!
>  I just received several unsub posts and a post about my personal E-mail
>address...Ok, I'm like duh...What would you like me to do exactly? Is this a
>list more for the mideval role players or as I thought, a period style
>cooking list, which to me entails recipes?

It is a list mainly for people in the SCA who are interested in period cooking.

>I don't really care if someone from 300
>years ago knew how to butcher meat..its a moot point.

Then skip those messages.

But you might consider that one of the ways of making sense out of medieval
recipes is by knowing more about the people who made them. Cookbooks are
not the only source of information on cooking, nor are medieval cookbooks a
sufficient source, given the limited amount of information they provide.

>If I am correct in my
>assumption, please let me know so I can unsub too. As stated in my intro, I
>am a gourmet cook and not into the dress up game scene, only recipes. I did
>notice a reference to some old cookbooks, are they available? ..Liza

Many of them are.

I think, however, that you will find that, online or in realspace, entering
an ongoing conversation and insulting the people conducting it is not a
good way of obtaining information.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/