SC - Recipe challenge

Anne-Marie Rousseau rousseau at scn.org
Mon Jul 7 22:35:42 PDT 1997

I think this debate might be based on some misunderstanding. A person can
be very competent in butchering a carcass with no formal knowledge of
anatomy. He (or she) simply need to know that "this bit" needs to be kept
away from meat, regardless of the fact that it is the gallbladder.

With modern anatomical knowledge we may know (and teach) the reasons, in
the old days they went more by experience (and the passed down
experience of others).

Not to say that there you can be anywhere on the scale, from rote
learning of experience based rules, to deductions from formal knowledge.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
Robert A. Heinlein memorial service 7:00 PM Barbecue 7:30 PM
(no salt necessary).