SC - My redaction.....

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Thu Jul 31 07:12:04 PDT 1997

> So, if I were to do this again, and I may, I'd redact as follows:
>
> 1 whole perch
> boiling salted water
> flat parsley
> cider vinegar
>
> Start a pot of salted water boiling.  Gut, scale and rinse the perch,
> removing the guts and head.  Use those to make a fish stock out of the
> boiling water.  Remove the head and entrails, and boil the fish for five
> minutes, or until done.  Remove and pat dry, bone and skin the fish,
> removing the tail as well.
>
> Take the resulting filets, chill in the refrigerator.  Just before serving,
> sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves and a few drops of vinegar.  Serve
> cold.
>
> 	Tibor

Yep, looks good.  You asked about the flaking or chunking of the meat.  I
flaked the fish using the term "pulling" as the same as "pulled" pork.  Which
is pulled in chunks from the bone and then shredded.  It's an American
expression but could have distant roots.

The rest I totally agree with.

I also wish to thank you for a very entertaining little exercise and very
helpful to many members of this list.  I do think the one problem with the
siege feast exercise was that many of us do not have enough period recipes to
be able to cook from memory.  Plus Adamantius kinda blew us out of the water.
:-{)}

I did enjoy the recipes presented and may even use his menu for a feast I'm
planning.

The "newbie" redaction exercise was a wonderful way to teach us period recipes
and to get us thinking medievally.

All in all, a wonderful idea.

Thank you,

Gunthar