SC - Re- Butchery

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 18:25:25 PDT 1997

<< how would whether it runs in the last day it is alive affect things? >>

Apparently the body produces chemicals,e.g. adrenaline, lactic acid, etc.
that "toughen" the meat. The biggest culprit is most probably lactic acid.In
the case of game, it also makes a marked increase in the "gaminess" of the
animal. Since my knowledge of the chemistry involved is somewhat lacking, is
their anyone on the list that can explain this a little better than I?

Lord Ras