SC - chicken on string (and beef)

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Thu Jul 31 13:47:09 PDT 1997

Oh, these roasts sound wonderful.  Thank you, Adamantius, I'm going to
head down to the butcher the next time I feel inclined to make a roast.
Unfortunately, I like mine rare, and the dearly beloved likes his
<groan> well done.

And my pork roast -- which can also be done at a fire:

Slice onions and apples (about equal parts) and add them to a salted and
peppered pan with a couple of whole cloves, a couple small pieces of
cinnamon, and a few slices of ginger.  Drizzle honey over the roast, and
add about 12 ounces of water to the pan.  Cover and bake in a moderate
oven (or in a bake kettle at the fire) until done.  If the resulting
apple-onion sauce is too thin for you, you can reduce it.  I've had
people standing in line for seconds on this.

Rosalinde
- --
Donna Kenton * Rosalinde De Witte * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/