SC - canning

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Jul 30 09:07:15 PDT 1997

> In doing canning of jams with my mother.
>  It of course won't work if
> what you are putting into the cans is not in the molten lava state of
> jams/jellies/sauces- but works quite well if you are.

> -brid

I've been interested in canning for a long time but I've never had anyone show
me how.  One question, when I've gotten homemade jams from friends the jams
have a wax seal under the lid. Is this step necessary?

I would love to can stuff for later in the year or for feasts in the future,
I've just been chicken to try.

Yers,

Gunthar