SC - Novice Only Redaction Challenge

Sabia sabia at unm.edu
Wed Jul 30 22:36:14 PDT 1997

> What would each of *you* use to redact it?
Ok I'll try but I am not sure I did this right.

>   Boiled Perch			("Perch boiled", Harleian MS 4016, # 155)
>
>   "Perche boiled. Take a preche, and drawe him in (th)e throte, and make
>   to him sauce of water and salt; And whan hit bigynneth to boile, skeme
>   hit and caste (th)e perche there-in, and seth him; and take hum uppe,
>   and pul him, and serve him forth colde, and cast uppon him foiles of parcelly.
>   and (th) sau[c]e is venegre or vergous."

	Take a perch(or a fish), gut/clean through a throat gash.  Bring
salted water to a boil, add cleaned fish.  Cook till done, and remove from
the water. Debone and make small (pieces that is) chill with parsley and
vineger dressing.  If I am reading right, sort of a fish spread.

Sabia (sabia at unm.edu)