SC - Period Recipes

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jun 6 00:10:43 PDT 1997

>I had hoped my comment would  emphasize the fact we are successfully
>serving feasts that consist of dishes that are found in a number of
>period cooking sources. I am sorry if it portrayed a 'we are better than
>you attitude'.

It didn't, and that isn't how I read it. But it suggested to me a
background attitude of "authentic cooking is mainly for A&S
contests"--which can lead to both "therefore people are authentic because
they want to prove they are better than the rest of us" and "and we are
really better because we are not such snobs as to be authentic in order to
prove that ... ." I wasn't suggesting that you held either of those two
views.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/