Fwd: SC - Goat Cheese

Jodi N Smith jodi_smith at juno.com
Wed Jun 11 14:50:35 PDT 1997

  What do we know about caffeinated beverages in period?  Beyond the American
  caffeine addiction, I am a sufferer of migraines and caffeine actually helps
  reduce their frequency and their occurrence.  Unfortuntately, this means tea,
  coffee, or coke, so I am looking for an alternate fluid.

I seem to recall that, at the tail end of period, some amount of coffee was
available on the Continent.  I'd double check this, were I you.  There are
some books out on the history of coffee.  (I don't have any, and my survey
books on history of food are not available to me now.

	Tibor