SC - Master Ian

James L. Matterer jmattere at weir.net
Tue Jun 17 12:36:15 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - "First-naming stangers"É            6/17/97

Unless someone is a very dear friend ( and then just to get their goat ;) ) I
try to use titles if I know them.  I think ir reminds people that we are
supposed to be aiming for virtues that the rest of the world has sort of set
aside ( courtesy...)  Also having been helping out a budding college group
this last winter, discussions of title and address were great ways to break
the students into not only the different mind set of the SCA, but also just
the hugeness of the group, and the variety of people in it.
Being shocked if anyone just bothers to remember my name, I have to say it
cracked me up everytime the college folk talked to me, because they always
insisted on the "Lady".  then when I had caught my breath and stopped
laughing, it served as a nice reminder that I was setting an example and
needed to mind that.
brid
(*Lady* Brid Hecgwiht)