SC - Strawberries

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Wed Jun 18 18:49:07 PDT 1997

Mark Harris wrote:

> Why jalapeno? From what little I've read, which doesn't include the
> originals,
> they seem to be talking about chili peppers, not jalapenos. They don't taste
> the same.
>
> Comments anyone?

Jalapenos are the only chili some people know [not intended as a comment
on Derdriu, who I doubt has this problem with recognition] and perhaps
the interpretation of chili or red pepper got distorted from primary to
secondary, or tertiary, source.

My money would be on serrano chilies, chiles anchos, or, for the truly
psychotic, chipotles. This in spite of the fact that chipotles are a
form of jalapenos, anyway. All of the above would presumably have been
dried for such usage, and then ground.

> Stefan li Rous

Adamantius