SC - Cordials

Melissa Martines melissa.martines at mail.corpfamily.com
Wed Jun 4 08:16:09 PDT 1997

     One base that I'd like to suggest for coridals is brandy -- it is my
     understanding that is is more period than Everclear, Vodka or white
     rum.  If you don't like the after taste of a brandy cordial, try white
     brandy.  I've had some great results using it.

     Also, I thought that if you distilled a wine (either by freezing or
     the more traditional method) you were creating a brandy, not a
     cordial.  I could be wrong about that.  Any comments?

     Lady Morgan MacBride
     Shire of Glaedenfeld
     Meridies