SC - Regional cooking

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Jun 5 00:58:01 PDT 1997

>From what I understand the East normally
>cooks only medieval cuisine or mostly period food.

>Clare St. John

I doubt that that is true, although it is possible things have improved
that much there. My impression is that there is no region of the Society
larger than a barony where events consistently serve period food. People on
a list like this are much more likely to be interested in period cooking
than the random SCA member, so our discussions may give the impression that
"everywhere save here, all the feasts consist of period food," but it isn't
true.

David/Cariadoc

David Friedman
Professor of Law