SC - Types of food to serve non-medieval food people

Nick Sasso (fra niccolo) grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 21 06:31:17 PDT 1997

>   How, in other words, do I make the
> bride and the guests happy at the same time?  All suggestions will
> be received with shameless, pathetic, puppy-like worshipful adoration!
>
> Juana Teresa de Salamanca
> my new slogan: "Yo estoy demasiada viaja para este mierda!"

I have had no one turn up their mundane or medievel noses at a roman
roasted meat.  You roll it copiously in salt and herbs to form a crust.
Then wrap and bake slowly (325-350) until tender enough to shred with
forks.  When shredded, turn off oven and return to foil wrapping.
Slather with liquid honey.  The result is an intensly salty/sweet
balance that is indescribable.  The risk to heart is stipulated here
:o)  You'll find the technique described in Apicius as 'roast meat'.
Works on pork, lamb, beef for sure; maybe others.

- --
In Humble Service to God and Crown;

fra nicolo difrancesco