SC - Italian Torte

christy at lightspeed.net christy at lightspeed.net
Sun Jun 29 13:02:20 PDT 1997

I have a recipe that is supposed to have origins in southern Italy in
our time period. However, being relatively new to period cooking, I
have few resources to try and document it as being even vaguely
appropriate for a period feast.

The torta is completely encased in a crust and inside are layers of
cheese (mozzarella, Parmesan, feta), vegetables (spinach, roasted
peppers, and thinly sliced ham.

It has a wonderful flavor, sort of pizza-like from the cheese and
added Italian herbs.

Any help or opinions on this dish would be greatly appreciated and
graciously received.

Christina of Riesling