SC - Regional cooking

Terry Nutter gfrose at cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu
Wed Jun 4 15:52:53 PDT 1997

Hi, Katerine here.

Clare St. John asks:

>What's a cuskynole?  and while I'm at it, even though it was posted before
>what does "Nym it up" mean?

The two English recipes for cuskynoles I'm familiar with are in an Anglo-Norman
collection edited by Constance Hieatt and Robin Jones and in one of the MSs
in _Cury on Inglysch_.  The second, if I recall correctly, is a translation of
the first into Middle English.  Unfortunately, we're moving shortly, and my
books are packed.  Since I don't remember the recipes vividly, I'll let someone
else handle that one.

"Nym" makes "take".

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry