SC - Yolks vs whites

Fri May 2 11:55:32 PDT 1997

Yesterday Gunter said in answer to Allison:

>> Thank you very much.  Is there an archive, and how would I get it?
>> Someone might have said something worth keeping.  (Ooops!  Don't mean
>> that to sound rude--just that I archive for myself references I think
>> I'll want later)  I'm filling disks up fast with cookery and costuming.
>>
>> Allison

>I believe both Pug and Stephan Li Rous are keeping archives.

Yes, I do save a number of the messages from this maillist. But not in
an archive form. I consider an archive to be saving all messages in a
chronological order.

My files started out very much as Allison describes, as a selective
collection of those messages I wanted to keep for my future benefit.
That was seven years ago. Since then I have expanded the collection
to messages a bit beyond my immediate interest. And I now gather
information from the Rialto (rec.org.sca), this SCA-Cooks maillist,
the Ansteorra and the Bryn Gwlad maillists, other mail lists such as
the SCA-Arts mail list which I just added and other sources including
articles emailed to me by the authors. But I do not keep all
messages. For some groups, such as the Rialto, I may only keep 5-10
percent of all the messages. For some groups such as this one,
probably slightly higher.

These are collated by subject area into files. So I do not keep
messages from this mail list seperate from others. But if you have
a particular interest, say in cheese, or how to make mead, or ideas
for non-alcoholic beverages or period eyeglasses etc it might be
worth checking out.

My SCA Rialto Files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous