SC - capers

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed May 7 17:17:01 PDT 1997

linneah at erols.com wrote:

> I know everyone has bad things to say about the recipies in "Fabulous Feasts",
> but how accurate is all that other information included in the book?  You know,
> like who ate what, how and why?  I haven't had time to read the copy I was
> given and I'd like to know if I should make the time or forget it and donate it to
> a library.
>
> Thank you,
> Linneah

How odd it is to hear myself complimenting that book! I feel that most
of what's in it is pretty good, except for the redactions, which aren't
strictly speaking, redactions at all, since they bear so little
resemblance to the recipes they are based on.

Cosman has much useful information on how a SCAdian can eat a meal as a
member of a medieval society, using medieval manners in a medieval
world. An interesting perspective that we often forget.

Now, about the frumenty made from Grape-Nuts, and whatever dish it was
that was garnished with red liquorice whips...

Adamantius