SC - cognac

Thu May 8 11:48:19 PDT 1997

I wrote (about Fabulous Feasts)
  > I feel it is all of a piece.  Don't put it in a library... burn it.  Then,
  > burn the libraries copy....  (:-)

Gunther answered:
  Gosh, and to think I had the nerve to put a recipe from that book on
  this sterling net.  I was hesitant to say it was from "Fabulous
  Feasts" but the recipe in question was unusual, Medieval (to my
  unlettered mind), and very good.  Yes the book is a junkheap, but
  there are one or two gems in there.  NOT for the unwary.

First, the humorous attitude: "Once you are of the body, you will follow my
doctrine and eschew that book".

Now, more seriously.  I want to learn more about cookery, and stuff.  That
does not mean shutting people up, but it does mean trying to have the volume
of good information drive out the bad....

There is a lot to learn from FF and Cosman, even as a counterexample.  But I
don't like the book.  Worse, as you say, it is not for the unwary, but as
written, it appears to be.  It carries them down the garden path.

But: the flaws in Cosman are part of why I really want to know the "why"
behind people's redactions.

	Tibor