SC - Rue

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Mon May 5 07:18:56 PDT 1997

> I have recently become interested in gardening and bought a lovely plant
> called "rue". Was this known in period? What were its uses?  Is there any
> folklore surrounding it?
>
> Helisenne

Rue should not be used for human consumption as it is toxic (at what levels, I
haven't experimented to find out).  That said:

Metaphysically, rue is a rather powerful protection plant,  offering
protection from ill-will and non-benign entities (stops short of demons, I
believe).

Rue also provides a lovely hair wash with red tints.  Being away from my
herbals, I can not guarantee this but:  I believe rue also provides a nice
skin softener when macerated in oil.

E-mail me privately, and I can check on more info if you want.

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com