SC - capers

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu May 8 06:38:26 PDT 1997

Alys of Foxdale wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen or heard of fresh capers?  Do recipes ever call
> for them?
>
>    Alys of Foxdale          Shire of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia

Up until yesterday, I would have said I couldn't recall any recipes
using capers at all. I now recall at least one late-period English
recipe that calls for them to be used, if I remember correctly, in a
wine/butter sauce for fish (flounder, I think). But these would have
been salted.

Still can't recall any references to fresh capers...

Adamantius