SC - Kvass

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon May 12 12:33:09 PDT 1997

Earlier today, Monday, May 12, Adamantius said:

>I, for one, will stick to my kvass!

I have heard a little about this drink but not since it was last discussed
on the Rialto several years ago. I think at that time there was an
argument about whether it was made of bread or grains. I collected
some of this discussion and recipes in this file my BEVERAGES section:

kvass-msg         (24K) 12/ 3/93    Russian drink made from bread or grains.

I would love to hear more about this drink or your recipe(s).

To some, this drink might not sound appetizing but then to some
"juice of barley" doesn't either.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com