SC - kvas

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue May 13 13:24:59 PDT 1997

Earlier today, May 13, Adamantius replied to my request:

Stefan wrote:

>> >I, for one, will stick to my kvass!
>>
>> I would love to hear more about this drink or your recipe(s).

<snip>

>A primary fermenter, such as is used with English ales, is helpful here,
>or you'll almost certainly clog the airlock and explode!

What is a Òprimary fermenterÓ? IÕve made mead but not beer or ale.

>If anybody actually feels they need more details than this, I'll try to
>find the recipe. Don't all speak at once!

Yes, please. When you have time. This is more of an academic interest
right now.

>Aren't you glad you asked? :  )

Yes, I am. It does clear up some of the questions about kvas and I
almost always like to learn about new things even if not always
willing to try them. Kvass is a lot higher on my list of things to
try than Kumiss though.

Stefan li Rous