SC - cordials

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Wed Nov 5 07:04:08 PST 1997

Kathleen M Everitt wrote:

> Aoife, you should have had your husband be your secretary and made it
> easy on yourself. And Adamantius has a wife, I believe. See? No problems.
> Make him a seneschal and his wife his secretary. Then he can spend all
> his time cooking.

Hmmm. I think I'd have to say that my Province would have mixed feelings
about that plan. If I were seneschal of Ostgardr, with my wife so
clearly the brains of the operation, I would almost immediately be
eliminated as a political liability. Then my wife would be seneschale,
presumably, and she would begin throwing her weight around. All
ninety-eight pounds of it. (Maybe a hundred and one now, she claims she
got fat after our son was born.) Yes, the trains would run on time, and
all i's would be dotted, and all t's crossed, and we all WOULD have fun.
Or else!

I'm in the midst of a bout of early senility: was it Jefferson who
remarked, essentially, that those who would sacrifice personal liberties
in return for security would have neither, and deserve neither?

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com