SC - WASSAIL--Is There Documentation?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Nov 5 06:53:24 PST 1997

- ---

>Normally the very idea of a standing pottage makes me want to spew; I
>think in this case the thing to do is make it as Double Mortrews, which
>should end up resembling the filling of some of the French white
>puddings, and not too far from what haggis is supposed to be, either.
>
>Adamantius

A possibly OOP suggestion - this sounds a lot like some of the grain/meat mushes
my Appalachian relatives make.
They are a way to use scrap meat and organ meats, and do not have near the flavor
if made from 'good' cuts.  They are made up stiff, usually in bread pans, and then
 sliced and fried until one side is very crisp.  If you have ever had scrapple, think
of buckwheat scrapple with chunkier meat.

Anyhow, I suspect a dish like this would be better received sliced and browned rather
than served in a lump.

Ragnar

http://www.mailexcite.com