SC - Translating cookbooks

Robert Beaulieu robert.beaulieu at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 17 10:29:26 PST 1997

Woeller D <alaric05 at erols.com> wrote:
> Robert Beaulieu wrote:
> >
> >         Keep trying... a different taste, and maybe one you would like, would
> > be the belgium fruit beers or the white (wit) weat beers!
> >
> >         Maybe...
> >
> >                 Lord Robert de QuelQuePart
>
> If you find one that tastes good to a'non-beer drinker', let me know.
> Everyone always wants to 'go out for a beer'. I can't stand the stuff.
> Once, though, I tried a 'strawberry wheat' beer at a microbrewery lunch
> pub, and found it palatable.  You might want to try that kind of thing.
> (a 'fruit'wheat beer, not necessarily a microbrewery lunch pub) I will
> say, however, when I commented that "Hey, this beer isn't bad...", the
> response was, "That ain't beer." Bon Chance
> Angelique

	Who ever said it  was not beer did not know much about beer (could have
been one that was drinking to get pissed!)... beer is not a singll kind
of potable and was much different, if not better, in period. For one
thing the use of hopp ( a flavering, preserving and bittering agent in
beer even if natural) is a late addition, all kinds of other things were
used for the longest times.

	Defenetely try the weat beers (Belgium and Germany among others), and
for a really different beer (yes BEER) the Kriek (cherry) and other
fruit beers (strawbery, pineaple,bluebery, peach) from Belgium and the
gueuze and other Lambic (spontanious fermentation, no yeast added) again
from Belgium.

	Hummmmmm........

		Lord Robert de QuelquePart