SC - Re:Help request

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Fri Nov 21 10:36:02 PST 1997

Stefan,

A Smithfield ham is a ham made in Smithfield, Virginia. Any ham NOT made in
Smithfield, Va can only be called Smithfield style. It is smoked, dried
country ham, aged for a year before it is sold. They keep forever, and like
a fine wine or aged cheese, only get better with time. If you unwrap your
ham and discover a mold on it, all you do is scrape it off. In flavor and
texture, it is much like that wonderful Italian ham whose name escapes me
now. At about $70 dollars a ham, I'm sure you now understand part of why my
ex is now my ex.

Philippa Farrour

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
:
: Philippa said:
: >My ex through out my Smithfield ham which I had intended
: >to take to Pennsic last year "because it was getting old".
:
: What's a "Smithfield" ham and why is it special? It sounds like it
: has some special processing since the outside appearance is different.
:
: Stefan li Rous
: RSVE60 at email.sps.mot.com
: