SC - Feast budgets

Charles McCN charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed Nov 19 16:35:46 PST 1997

Nordmannia runs feasts as its income source - we don't charge membership
fees, and we providde newsletters and whatever basic materials seem most
needed to members, as well as feeding them at shows and other 'for the
good of the club' events.

So our budget includes some profit margin, often a hall, charcoal (even
at the hall we use we tend to do most of the cooking on the fire) and
food. We are a small club, and our feasts tend to be in the 60-100 people
range, most of whom are not members of the group, but people who have
heard of our feasts (been to them) and want to come to more. And they
keep coming back.

The other possibility, for setting up and guessing who is coming, is a
bit like running a hot-dog stall - you want to guess reasonably
accurately how much you need, or you can lose a lolot of money or
customers (depends which way you miss. On the other hand, we have done
this at public shows - invite the aforementioned public to try a bit of
medieval food as they stickybeak around the camp...

charles