SC - Andalusian cookery

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Nov 20 23:01:52 PST 1997

 Yumitori asked about Andalusian feasts.

There is a fair amount of stuff in the Miscellany, which you have in a
fairly recent version, but you might also try looking at the big period
Andalusian cookbook in Cariadoc's cookbook collection vol. 2.  It has
discussions of how to keep your kitchen (i.e., make sure your pots get well
scrubbed so that bad vapors don't accumulate and poison you) and how to
serve food ("Many of the great figures and their companions order that the
separate dishes be placed on each table before the diners, one after
another; and by my life, this is more beautiful than putting an uneaten
mound all on the table, and it is more elegant, better-bred, and
modern...") as well as recipes; and you may be able to figure out something
about bread and roasts by looking through this book.

As to what you are forgetting to ask, how about sweets? We have a bunch of
those worked out in the Miscellany.

Elizabeth