SC - Rusting Dutch oven

DUNHAM Patricia R Patricia.R.DUNHAM at ci.eugene.or.us
Tue Nov 25 18:12:00 PST 1997

Just re-season it, I think.  Unless it's rusted clear thru 8-).

Scrub it well to remove as much of the rust as possible, coat with as
neutral an oil or grease as you have (no salty bacon drippings, unless
it's all you have) (why do I think that?-- anybody?), and throw it in
the oven at about 200 for a couple of hours

Chimene
 ----------
| From: Mark A. Sharpe
| To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
| Subject: SC - Rusting Dutch oven
| Date: Tuesday, November 25, 1997 5:45PM
|
| Lords and Ladies,
|
| I have a cast iron Dutch oven that has a rust spot on the inside of
the
| lid. Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem?
|
| Terrendon the Wanderer
|
|  "There is no level of incompetence
|   that I cannot identify with."
|                    David Steinberg