SC - Problem Spices (WA

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Oct 1 08:22:12 PDT 1997

<< Please do.

 Bear >>

The folllowing references on the bay leaf question were provided by the
gracious kindness of Viscountess Judith.

MARKHAM> English Huswif, part 1, pg. 219. As a scrub (Bay Oil)

Not found in Forme of Curye.

Not found in Le Manegier.

ALEXANDER NEKKHAM"S (sp?) Travelling Diaries > Daily Life in the 12th
Century. May contain references to bay as a medicinal herb or more. Available
at any good reference library.

Works of Urban Tigner (sp?) may or may not contain bay laurel references.

There you go. That is all we have so far. We are still researching this
subject. Will post further details and comments as they become available.

Lord Ras