The nasty brown stuff :-)(was: SC - Re: A couple questions . . .)

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Mon Oct 6 21:03:26 PDT 1997

> I suppose what I am asking is - how much do we "worry" about things
> like this?  I've no problem with not eating salmon (more for me), but
> should our feasts also take into account mundane issues like this?

well, if you want to stay 'in period' then one must remember that nothing was
endangered back then.....
quite honestly, I play in the SCA to forget mundane life.....
and quite honestly if anyone in the SCA sezs word one about my inside of my new
cloak that is solid mink...scavenged from the goodwill store racks....
then I shall try out my new rapier skills upon them...

I th ink we should temper whether or not something is eaten by the fact that
i may have been 'farm raised'....It is a good thing to have a social conscience.

The Lady knows our ancestors did not, that is why so many rivers in Europe were
befouled to death even in the middle ages.  But - one should not go to extremes
with this same social thing....

AS for me me, I like salmon, poached with a bit of lemon butter, eaten whilst
typing with one hand...at the computer of course :P
aine