SC - Polished Rice

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 18:41:49 PDT 1997

THANK YOU, Bear!  For a period-possible version.

And for those outside the gracious Southlands, 8-), the fudge for
self-rising flour is:

1 cup all-purpose flour (soft wheat flour if you can get it)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

combine thoroughly; if storing, use an airtight container.  (Prudence
Hilburn's Treasury of Southern Baking; Betsy Appenheimer, Bread Book)

(I had to go downstairs and hunt thru cookbooks (at work); there was a
piece in the local paper's food section sometime this summer that said
that self-rising is a normal commodity in the South and SouthEast, but
relatively exotic in other parts of the country that don't have to deal
with high humidity on a regular basis...  I clipped it, but would never
have been able to find it 8-).)

Chimene