SC - Re: below the salt)

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Sun Oct 12 20:30:53 PDT 1997

> . Or a feast where Every dish served looks like
> something it isn't. Sounds really fun! I read an account of a feast
> where
> the cook made an army of drumsticks. Each had a red grape helmet,
> carried a
> breadstick spear and had a shield of sliced turnip. They were mounted
> on a
> covered board with rows of non-galvanized nails. That's an army that
> really
> was chicken! <<groan>>
>
> Just a few ideas off the top of my head.
>
> Aoife

I have a dream....or at least a great fantasy of being queen, and having
a feast of warners for the coronation festivities on the first weekend
of april...warners being the term for foods that are one thing and are
really another. I even have much of the menu planned-
fish eggs and egg fishes-egg white mock fish fillets and egg shells
filled with forcemeat of scallops and shrimp forcemeat yolks died with
saffron
a gryffon of rabbit and turkey wings in a pastry shell
pork forcemeat drumsticks, and chicken forcemeat porkchop cutlets

I'm getting the munchies just thinking about it

margali