SC - A.P.B. : Have You Seen This Recipe?

Kimib2@aol.com Kimib2 at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 17:42:20 PDT 1997

It's extremely popular in Hawaii too... there's not much in the way of
meat that will store without refrigeration in the tropics, so...  As I
recall from the student cafeteria at UH (while doing grad program in
Library), many arcane combinations featuring this traditional (well,
post-WWII tradition)  Poynesian delicacy 8-)
Chimene
 ----------
| From: Philip & Susan Troy
| To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
| Subject: Re: SC - head cook-serious then SILLY
| Date: Friday, October 17, 1997 1:46PM
|
| marilyn traber wrote:
| >
| > > Adamantius (who was going to make this situation much worse but
| > > decided
| > > to can it for a change...)
| >
| > Isn canned ham also sometimes known as spam?
|
| Only if it is canned ham and pork picnic shoulder PRODUCT (whatever
the
| h*ll THAT means), or else unnecessary e-mail, of which two I am only
| guilty of the latter, I swear.
|
| I understand that Spam is quite popular in the Far East, and in fact I
| understand it is a popular holiday gift item, and is a de rigeur
wedding
| gift in North Korea. Have you registered your Spam pattern from
Hormel's
| yet?
|
| My beloved claims to be quite fond of Spam fried rice, but has never
| been so indiscreet as to cook or eat this delicacy in my presence,
| indicating she is not totally without shame...
|
| Adamantius
SCA-Cooks".