SC - SC- Basic Cookbooks

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 20 12:56:24 PDT 1997

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> Isn't it also true the proper way to eat at a smorgesbrod is to have a
> plate of cold and then a plate of hot herring?

Well, this is generally true (cold (fish) first, warm (meat) afterwards).
But while I tend to follow this in principle I tend to go lightly on such
things a herring, and instead stuff myself with good stuff (also the more
expensive things), like gravlax, smoked eel, smooked salmon, etc. I recall
a Christmas smorgasboard that where the smooked salmon _was_ a religious
experience; melting in your mouth in an explosion of flavour. I must have
eaten over half a pound of that one... Not generally done every day
on a grad. student budget.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
How many matematicians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
1. None. It's left to the reader as an exercise.