SC - skye cake and fizzy drinks

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Thu Oct 23 16:50:31 PDT 1997

  And I would assume that this means a stone only for sharpening knives.  With
  luck I will soon own one for sharpening leather awls etc., and I doubt I'd
  want to use it for knives too.  Is there a book or source that lists the
  proper way to sharpen knives?

You might want to use such a stone.

The current issue of Fine Woodworking magazine has a review of several kinds
of stones for woodworking tools.  It might be of interest.  Most woodworking
books have a good section on how to sharpen cutting tools.

  What are the good knife manufacturers?

There are too many.  The best thing to do may be to go to a good cookery
store, and ask to try out a few.  Mine happen to be Wustoff, but as I had
bragged, that was a happy coincidence.  (Although all the replacements and
additions I have purchased have also been Wustoff, as well.)

	Tibor