SC - cuskynoles

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Oct 24 11:58:21 PDT 1997

  As for me, even though the likelihood that I will be at Pennsic is thin, I
  know for certain that I would not participate in a competition because I am
  fairly new to this medevial cooking, and feel intimidated by the wealth of
  knowledge and accumen I have witnessed on this list.  I of course would
  gladly sample anything you kind gentles came up with, and I might be
  persuaded to try and provide a dish together with a researched recipe in more
  of a potluck effort.  I do not like competitions because I become so
  apprehensive about my chances that I am unable to enjoy the effort of others.

Don't be.

I've taught co-group redaction classes (for brewers, not cooks), and it
turns out that good ideas grow in all sorts of heads.  In fact, it is often
"those that don't know better" who ask the truly devilish questions when
redacting a recipe.  The ones that turn your suppositions on their heads.

You have a lifetime of experience to offer. Don't be miserly, now!

	Tibor