SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #391

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Fri Oct 24 17:51:23 PDT 1997

A while ago there was a conversation about saffron on the list. I didn't
pay much attention to it cause I have saffron and know of a little
hole-in-the-wall place where I can get more. But, today I was at the flea
market and picked up a list of spices from a dealer there that does mail
order. He has Spanish saffron at $3.00 for 1/2 gram. Don't know if that
beats the price others listed, but here's the info if it does:

Pure & Natural Spices
4338 Austin Blvd.
Island Park, NY
Ph. 516-889-5116 Fax 516-889-2682
Web site: www.pureandnaturalspices.com

Mostly his list is everyday herbs and spices, but other things of
interest he carries include star anise, arrowroot, camomile, fennel,
mustard seed, poppy and sesame seeds, plus all everyday spices and herbs.

I've never bought anything from him, so I can't recommend him, but I
thought I pass the info along for what it's worth.

Apologies if someone else posted his info during the earlier discussion.

Julleran