SC - Contents questions

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Wed Oct 1 20:53:42 PDT 1997

> On the other hand, since the addiction to alcohol is both psychological
> as well as physical, it is very likely more the presence of the flavor
> or aroma of the wine or spirit in the food that will do the damage, and
> the effects that this will have on an alcoholic will vary from case to
> case.

no, he was on antibuse...he ate stew that had wine added and cooked with the stew, was
totally unaware that the wine was there...His reaction was due entirely to the fact that
there still was alcohol in the stew after simmering for 6 hours...  the next day I
talked to the pharmacist [not the doc] who knew a bit more about chemical reactions and
antibuse in particular... he stated that for the antibuse to have caused a reaction that
not matter how long the stew cooked there still had to be some alcohol in  it...
or the violent reaction that he suffered would not have taken place...

NO alcohol does not completely cook out of food, not matter what anyone thinks.  I have
seen the research...sorry that is a complete myth.

aine