SC - re: bay/references

kat kat at kagan.com
Fri Oct 3 14:33:02 PDT 1997

Lady Tyrca asked,

>>      Now to the question.  Is this a normal practice?  I have always put in
>> the whole leaf, and taken it out before the dish was eaten.  Is it better
>> that way, or should I think of crumbling them up as I put them in?

and Lady Peyton replied,

<snip>  I always put the leaf in whole.  Although I usually don't remember
>  to remove it.  So usually a dinner in my house involves someone finding the
> "prize". This can actually turn out quite fun if you act as if you
> intentionally left the leaf in and then reward the finder with a "from the
> hip" take home award.  Although, I'm pretty sure I don't fool anyone.

Yeah... they never fall for this one at my house either... <grin>

What's worse, though, is the Mystery of the Multiplying Bay Leaf.  I still can't figure this one out... I put in two bay leaves at the start; I pulled out two bay leaves several hours later.  Where in the (deleted) did the bay leaf I found in my plate come from?

Dern things are like rabbits...  <g>

	- kat